How to Make Money from Templates for Websites: 5 Tips to Follow
Are you looking for a way to earn extra money? Read this article and discover how to make money from templates for websites! Follow these 5 tips!
If you are looking for a way to earn extra money on the side, you have come to the right place! In this article, we are going to show you how to turn your web design products into serious cash flow by selling templates for websites online!
If you have been working as a web developer or designer for some time now, this is a perfect opportunity for you to make a profit. Even though it is true that vast amounts of cash are being made by web designers who sell everything from WordPress themes to email newsletters, it is going to take more than just submitting unused or old design and waiting for someone to purchase it.
We are going to present you 5 insider tips that will help you make money in no time.
The web design template business industry has not been around for a decade yet and there are web designers who are already making a profit out of selling their designs online. They usually made from $500 to $30.000 per month. These numbers imply that there is some serious cash and this business industry continues to develops.
So, how does this work exactly?
Let’s assume that you have never really planned selling your own designs and creations as templates online, but here is one thought: you are talented and innovative designer. There are a lot of designers out there who could use your templates to save themselves time on their projects. So, rather than hiring you to create a custom website from scratch, they are willing to purchase a design and spent from $15 to $100 per template. This sounds easy, right? However, the truth is that making money from selling your designs requires a lot of work.
Here are some insider tips that can help you:
- Choose a platform and master it – You need to ask yourself – what are you good at creating? HTML or CSS themes, straight PSD design files, email newsletters, WordPress templates, plugins are just a few of the many products you can consider. One of the best tips we can give you is to pick a platform and master it. Focus on one thing at a time, until people recognize your expertise.
- Partner up – You need to determine how much of the work you are willing to do by yourself. Think about partnering up with someone else and split the profit later. It is worth partnering up and forming alliances with other developers and designers to expedite the process of completing and launching your product.
- Meeting standards is not enough, exceed them – Individuals will purchase your products if they believe you can offer quality. So, when working on your new templates, don’t just meet the basic standards, but make sure to exceed them. Work constantly on your skills and improve your work.
- Take the buyer’s experience into consideration – Individuals and businesses are going to purchase your templates because they want to save time and money coding and designing the same themes themselves. However, until you put yourself in their shoes, and take the buyer’s experience into consideration, you can’t understand what they are expecting from you.
- Pick your marketplace wisely – Make a plan of where you are going to sell your work. There are a lot of marketplaces online and they usually demand a piece of your profit. Choose your marketplace wisely, based on your needs and future goals.
These 5 tips are going to help you sell templates for websites and make money out of it! Good luck!